This tutorial will explain to you how to make a stunning, but simple Christmas gift with clear melt and pour soap. This will be the perfect little present to give to your family and friends. It’s something you made on your own, so everybody will love it and it’s practical because everyone can use it. On top off all, this is simple to make.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Wait for it to harden up: A couple of hours
To wrap: 30 minutes
Costs: +- 10 €
– A 12-bar round silicon mold
– A Loofah sponge (not necessary)
– 32 oz clear melt & pour soap base
– Green labcolor
– Ginger & Patchouli fragrance oil
– 99% isopropyl alcohol in a spray bottle
– A heat -safe container
– A bowl of water
– A microwave
– A non-serrated knife (it’s just easier, not necessary)
– Plastic wrap
– A heat gun
– Cupcake liners
– A ribbon
For Europe you will find the ingredients at:
For the US you will find the ingredients at:
- Chop the melt and pour soap base in small uniform pieces and place all of the soap in a heat-safe container.
- Melt the soap in the microwave in 30 second bursts until completely melted.
- In the meantime, soak your loofah sponge for 15 minutes in a bowl of water, so it is easier to cut. You don’t need the loofah, it’s only for extra exfoliation.
- Cut the loofah in 1 cm stripes and put in the 12-bar silicon mold.
- When the soap is completely melted add color to your liking (few drops) and add fragrance oil to your liking (few drops). Stir in well.
- Pour the soap into the molds and spray with the alcohol to prevent air bubbles and let it dry for a couple of hours.
- Unmold your soaps and use plastic wrap to seal the soap with the heat gun and prevent it from sweating.
- Put the soap after this in a nice cupcake liner and tie a ribbon.
- And here you go, a beautiful Christmas gift.
This idea started from a tutorial of soapqueen.com : https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/garden-loofah-melt-pour-soap-diy/